An offshoot of the Ely Community Care Team, the Ely Behavioral Health Network (BHN)
is a group of organizations that focuses specifically on the behavioral and mental
To expand access to, coordinate, and improve the quality of behavioral health care in the rural North East Iron Range communities.
ELY COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
ELY COMMUNITY RESOURCE
ELY BLOOMENSON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
ESSENTIA HEALTH ELY CLINIC
RANGE MENTAL HEALTH CENTER
ST LOUIS COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
WELL BEING DEVELOPMENT
Long Term Goals:
- Enable the community to embrace mental health as an integral part of health and wellness.
- Develop cross-agency system for routine screening, referral, interventions, and follow-up for behavioral health.
- Build capacity in the community to address behavioral health needs.
- Develop and expand an actively engaged network to plan collaborative behavioral health services.
- Formation of Ely BHN Governance Group to facilitate strong interagency collaboration
- Development of cross-agency care coordination system with ability to share and develop care plans (Pathways to Wellness)
- Make It OK stigma reduction campaign
- Take 5 to Save Lives suicide prevention campaign
- Professional and community trainings, including Mental Health First Aid, QPR Suicide Prevention, De-escalation Training
- Additional classes and support groups, including Circle of Security Parenting Group, Living Well Series
- Formation and facilitation of Ely Prevention, Awareness and Recovery Coalition
- Development of Get Help Now website resource
- Partnership with Ely Schools to provide Trails to Wellness behavioral health literacy classes to grades 6-12
Planned activities in 2021-23:
- Coordinate development of a Behavioral Health Network in the Virginia area based on the Ely model
- Offer Behavioral Health Literacy curriculum in school and community settings
- Develop policies and procedures in healthcare settings to increase safety including self-harm and harm by others
- Increase capacity of Pathways to Wellness to offer one-on-one education and access to resources regarding trauma and resilience
- Provide continuing education for professionals regarding trauma and resilience through the lifespan
The Ely BHN is housed in the Well Being Development offices at 41 E Camp St. Ely, MN 55731