Did you know?
- Divorce, separation, and custody disputes can cause much stress for both adults and children, which can lead to mental and physical health issues.
- Talking about their feelings and learning coping strategies can help lessen this stress.
What can I try?
- Recognize that it’s ok to have different feelings. It’s normal to feel sad, anxious, angry or confused.
- Don’t go through it alone. Sharing your feelings with friends and family can help you get through this difficult period.
- Reassure children that separation or divorce are not their fault, and listen to their concerns. Maintain stability and routines as much as possible.
Who can help?
Range Mental Health Center
624 13th St. S.
Virginia, MN 55792
Greater Minnesota Family Services
34 S 2nd Ave E.
Ely, MN 55731
Need more help?
If you are unsure of what to do next and need more help, contact
Pathways to Wellness at 218-365-7929
to be connected with a Care Facilitator.