Did you know?
Depression and anxiety are the most common mental illnesses, and can affect anyone. Help is available.
Symptoms of depression:
- extended periods of sadness and hopelessness
- loss of interest in activities
- mood swings, irritability
- social isolation
- changes in sleep (insomnia or sleeping more)
- changes in appetite
Symptoms of anxiety:
- nervousness, restlessness
- panic attacks
- rapid heart rate and breathing
- difficulty focusing
- digestive problems
What can I try?
- Seek treatment.
- If you are worried about another person, suggest they see their health professional. Offer to help them set up an appointment or go with them.
- Try to get enough sleep, physical activity and healthy food.
- Stay away from drugs and alcohol.
- If a person is suffering from depression and talking about suicide, get help immediately.
Who can help?
Need more help?
If you are unsure of what to do next and need more help, contact
Pathways to Wellness at 218-365-7929
to be connected with a Care Facilitator.