Did you know?

In addition to domestic and child abuse, mistreatment also happens to vulnerable adults and the elderly.

Abuse comes in many forms:

  • neglect or abandonment
  • physical abuse
  • emotional abuse
  • sexual abuse
  • financial exploitation

What can I try?

  • If someone is in immediate danger, call 911.
  • If you suspect abuse, let the person know that you are concerned about their safety and offer them contact information to resources.
  • Listen and be supportive.
  • If in doubt, report to the proper authorities. Leave it up to them to do the investigating and decide if abuse is occurring.

Who can help?


Call 911

Ely Police Department

Child Reporting

St. Louis County
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-4:00 PM

Vulnerable Adult/Elderly Reporting

Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center


Advocates for Family Peace
24-hour crisis line: 1-800-909-8336

Safe Haven Shelter and Resource Center
24-hour crisis line: (218) 728-6481
414 W 1st St
Duluth, MN


Need more help?


If you are unsure of what to do next and need more help, contact
Pathways to Wellness at 218-365-7929
to be connected with a Care Facilitator.